Oct 22, 2017

More reactions to "This Is Heaven"




Michael P.  on Goodreads:

Anyone who uses neologisms correctly, and understands their meaning, has me intrigued. This novel, the second in a series, had me from the first page. A plethora of language used eloquently and subversively kept the story going. We meet a number of characters who are intertwined in various ways. There is a Vampire festival, dead bodies, 'trolling' (to use the author's word), an amnesiac who cannot remember his former life due to committing suicide, an internet scam, and colorful people which blend this wonderful story into a crazy week of escapades which ends happily ever after...or does it? I wish I had read the first book to understand some of the goings on in this one, but it can be read as a stand alone novel due to the author creating vivid characters that will long stay in my mind. I would love to know these people and party with them, as they make life interesting.

If I can say something here in between: I got the informal meaning of 'trolling' from our friend Glenn, who figures regularly on this blog, and who was the owner of Nick's Restaurant---which also appears in the GREEN EYES---the real one, located in Baltimore. Let's hope Glenn used the word correctly. 


Nick's Restaurant (or Fish House, as it is now called)




Fun read, like Christopher Moore

(Yes, that was the entire review)



on Goodreads:

I loathed the formatting of this book. That out of the way, the story itself was wacky (and that's a good thing). It was hugely entertaining.

This Is Heaven, order now...


Michael Ampersant

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have used trolling in the original slang meaning in the gay community before it became a term for angering people on the internet. That is why I loved the word so much.

Michael M. said...

I understand...John is using it in the same, older sense...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...